Becoming a Titus 2:3 Women

Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4 Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God. Titus 2:3-5 NIV

I sometimes put verses in a way that I can pray them, that will specifically apply to me. Here is my version of the passage:

Likewise, teach me to be reverent in the way that I live, not to gossip or to be addicted to trashy tv or chocolate, but to teach what is good. Then I can help younger women (be in age or in the spirit) to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be structured and to enjoy their work at home, to be kind, and to really listen to their husbands and their ideas (because they have good ones), so that no one will slander or speak bad of the word of God. Oh, and please help me do all these things too, because I need the most help of all. Amen

I love this passage. I think it gives us a wonderful instruction guide of what we should do, even in the modern, everything electronic world. It is amazing to me how many women are looked down upon for staying at home and wanting to make a home for their families. I am new to all of this, having a career most of my adult life. I have to say it has taking some getting use to. When people ask me what I do I am starting to say, "I am a full time mom!" WITH GUSTO! They look at me funny, but it is probably the gusto part.

It is amazing the surveys and forms I fill out that do not even have housewife as an option. Our world does not value the wife and the duties that go along with it; I have never had a more difficult job. God made this job a top priority, speaking of it several times. Be proud to be a wife, take the job serious, and do it with pride. Encourage others as well, helping those that need it and learn from those that can give it, regardless of age.

Go in Peace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

ella sue Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template