Being Thankful.

Of course, we are all thinking of all the things we are thankful for this week. But why do i need a week, or a holiday, to remind me to be thankful? I don't know if I am like anyone else, but I get so caught up in my daily life, I forget to thank God for all the things He gives me. Ella and I have formed such a bond the past few months, but I do not thank God for that bond, I pray I do not pull my hair out due to her independent additude.

A friend of mine, Leslie, is posting what she is thankful for every day of November on facebook. I LOVE that idea. It reminds me to be thankful every time I read her posts. It challenges me to be more grateful. My friend Julie gave me a Grateful journal several years ago and I used it at a time I was going through a great deal physically and mentally. It helped to think of one good thing that happened that day.

As wifes and mothers, it is very easy to get down about daily things. This holiday season, I am going to write one good thing that happened that day to help me be thankful for ever day. Please join me in giving God praise for His goodness!

Eph 1:16

1 comments:

  1. When we are greatfull, our hearts (and thoughts) are filled with thanksgiving, taking up room that would other wise be filled with pride- the chief sin of the heart. "above all else guard your heart for everything you do flows from it" Prov. 4:23

    ReplyDelete

 

ella sue Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template