Yummy Pulled Pork Burritos Recipe


My wonderful parents gave us some fresh pork.  They process a cow and pig every year and share, great for us.  I was rifling through the freezer (and saw a snake, yick, another post) and saw a Picnic Pork Roast.  Now I was not sure what that was or how to fix such a wonderful piece of meat.  So, of course, I Googled away.  I found out Picnic Pork Roast is the shoulder of the hog and usually BBQ, smoked, or slow cooked to make it tender.  This morning I put the roast in the crock pot and left it for the day.  I added some Cajan seasoning, hickory smoked salt, and a little water.  Eight hours later, voila, it was tender and delicious.


I put it in a tortilla shell with homemade ranch dressing (which I will talk about in a moment, thanks for waiting). I made microwave corn on the cob, a wonderful Pinterest recipe, and potato salad left over from grilling yesterday.  It was very good, and so easy! We have plenty left for sandwich tomorrow. I am not sure I could make an easier meal, put in the crock pot and forget it. 

Ranch Dressing:  This is a variation of a recipe I found on Pinterest.  I love it and it has around 200 calories for the entire jar!! 

1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing (I like to use the Dip version, just my preference)
7 oz Greek Yogurt
2 tablespoons Mayo
Milk to taste, depends on how thick you want the dressing

I put it in a Mason Jar and let my little one mix to her hearts content!  I use it for everything, it is delicious!

Everyone have a great Tuesday!  Happy Summer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

ella sue Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template